SHARE
The Golden Tarp Award for 2014. Photo by Emily Hobelmann.
The Golden Tarp Award for 2014. Photo by Emily Hobelmann.

UPDATE 8/10/2015: The 2nd annual Golden Tarp Award is happening Saturday, Sept. 12, 2015 at the Mateel in Humboldt! Tickets on sale now and entry deadline is August 27, 2015.

Ganja came back home to the Mateel on Saturday for a full day of education and entertainment at the 1st annual Golden Tarp Award in Redway, CA. Hundreds of people came out to this SoHum party, and 25 of them were lucky enough to be picked to judge the top 16 strains entered in four categories.

Of about 40 entries, only 5 were disqualified for mold or other contaminants. The flowers our judges sampled and scored were clean and had the highest total cannabinoid count for their category. OG Deez took home the grand prize: the hand-crafted Golden Tarp Award!

Golden Tarp Award Winner

OG Deez — THC 21.8%, CBD 0.4%, CBG 0.5% — Total Cannabinoids 22.7% 14. OG Deez

Top 15 Results

The other top 15 entries that were judged by a randomly selected panel were each awarded with a bronze plaque:

Golden Tarp Plaque. Photo by Emily Hobelmann.
2014 Golden Tarp Plaque for Top 15 Entries. Photo by Emily Hobelmann.

Fuel Category

  • Versace — THC 22.3%, CBD 0.3%, CBG 0.3% — Total Cannabinoids 22.9%
  • OG Kush — THC 24.1%, CBD 0.4%, CBG 0.5% — Total Cannabinoids 25%
  • Chem Dog — THC 19.4%, CBD 0.3%, CBG 0.2% — Total Cannabinoids 19.9%

Floral Category

  • Humboldt Royal Kush — THC 17.1%, CBD 0.2%, CBG 1% — Total Cannabinoids 18.4%
  • CBD Award WinnerGreen Crack — THC 17.5%, CBD 0.6%, CBG 1.4% — Total Cannabinoids 19.5%
  • Ringo’s Gift — THC 18.6%, CBD 0.4%, CBG 0.2% — Total Cannabinoids 19.2%
  • Girl Scout Cookie — THC 20.6%, CBD 0.8%, CBG 0.6% — Total Cannabinoids 21.9%

Fruity Category

  • Candyland — THC 16.9%, CBD 0.9%, CBG 1% — Total Cannabinoids 18.7%
  • Loopy Fruity — THC 17%, CBD 0.3%, CBG 0.2% — Total Cannabinoids 17.6%
  • Humboldt Royal Kush — THC 19.9%, CBD 0.7%, CBG 0.3% — Total Cannabinoids 20.9%
  • Blue Dream — THC 18.2%, CBD 0.2% — Total Cannabinoids 18.4%

Earth Category

  • Cotton Candy Kush — THC 16.5%, CBD 0.3%, CBG 0.2% — Total Cannabinoids 17%
  • Holy Headband — THC 19.1%, CBD 0.3%, CBG 0.2% — Total Cannabinoids 19.6%
  • Girl Scout Cookie — THC 21.3%, CBD 0.5%, CBG 1.2% — Total Cannabinoids 23%
  • Chem Dog — THC 25.6%, CBD 0.4%, CBG 0.6% — Total Cannabinoids 26.6%
All top 16 entries in Golden Tarp Award -- light deprivation cannabis competition
All top 16 entries in Golden Tarp Award  in the judge’s tent

1 COMMENT

Leave your thoughts