The Mecca Cup had a strong year this year — good turn out, great weather and a busy “Freedom Market.” In the market, 215-compliant businesses and farms interacted with patients and other producers. Music and entertainment were ongoing all day between the musical performances and the Cannabis Carnival acts. The atmosphere was friendly and low-key (the shade of the redwoods likely helps with that) during the day.
Check out the photo gallery below to see the Mecca Cup 2015 in action throughout the afternoon. As for the competition, 15 judges reviewed shatter and rosin, flowers from outdoor and indoor, and hash and kief from the artisan cannabis producers of the region.
Mecca Cup 2015 Winners
Indoor vs. Outdoor Top 3
- 1st Place: Girl Scout Cookies, indoor by Reasoner
- 2nd Place: 707 Amherst OG, indoor by Reasoner
- 3rd Place: Double OG Sour, outdoor by Ganja Rebel Seeds
Shatter vs. Rosin Top 3
- 1st Place: Green Dreamz, shatter by Grow Kru
- 2nd Place: Lemon Larry Rosin by Talking Trees Farm
- 3rd Place: Sour 3 Kings Rosin by Mountain High Club
Hash vs. Kief Top 3
- 1st Place: Not the Forum, bubble hash by We Grow Different
- 2nd Place: Sour Diesel, aged kief by Sun Kissed and Big Wheel
- 3rd Place: Cherry Mountain, dry ice kief by Calicat Crew