Website Nightingale Jamaica
Summary of role
The Master Grower must be an experienced Horticulturist that is highly organized, energetic, and flexible to lead our Greenhouse Facility and Outdoor Grow. He or she will assist in daily operations related to growing, harvesting, and processing cannabis.
Reports to: COO
- Mastery of various cannabis growing methods to include greenhouse & outdoor cultivation.
- Work with the team to establish operational plans, policies, and procedures, including all aspects of plant care.
- Lead the team in performing all the tasks in the grow including: cloning, transplanting, feeding plants, defoliation, super cropping, topping, flushing, foliar and preventative sprays, waste disposal and inventory management.
- Develop and/or maintain grow protocols, nutrient management and irrigation regiment.
- Document the performance of the crop through all stages of the plants life cycle and analyze this data with respect to the expected characteristics of the strains.
- Design and monitor protocols to achieve a cloning success rate of at least a 90%.
- Work along with the team to develop and implement an Integrated Pest Management (IPM) program with the mandate to organically control all pests and diseases.
- Proactively monitor and scout plants for early detection of pests and diseases.
- Provide guidance and training to outdoor grow personnel on plant cultivation, plant health care, and plant maintenance procedures.
- Communicate effectively with senior management and escalate issues in an urgent and timely manner.
- Supervise the operation of the greenhouse facility including lighting and watering systems.
- Establish a data recording, management and reporting system for all crop activities, this includes application logs for all aspects of the crop cycle.
- Interpret media and plant nutrient testing results to solve production problems and optimize growing conditions for each cultivar.
- Accurately weigh, measure, mix, and apply any required organic products according to the instructions.
- Meet weekly with Cultivation Manager to report findings and make recommendations.
- Collaborate with and provide support to cultivation team.
- Work with the Cultivation Team to create all required standard operating procedures and follow them at all times in a safe and compliant manner.
- Create and/or update any new standard operating procedures based on new or emerging compliance and/or Company policies.
Qualifications & Experience required
- Bachelor’s degree emphasizing in Horticulture, Science or Botany
- 5+ years as a Master Grower
- Experience in Organic Farming Practices is a must
- Knowledge of plant viruses, insects, bacteria, fungi and organic treatments
- Knowledge of large scale plant grow including nutrient, mediums, lighting, temperature, humidity, etc.
- Knowledge of cannabis plant growing techniques, strains and genetics
- GAP experience is a plus
- SOP writing experience is a plus
- Basic Microsoft Office skills, e.g., Excel, Word, PowerPoint
Nightingale is a global prestige medical cannabis business that cultivates, manufactures and distributes genuine Jamaican cannabis products. We believe in producing premium quality Jamaican cannabis that is strictly sun-grown and organic.
Our mission to bring nature’s medicine to the world.
Our company is quickly growing and we are looking for talented, hard-working people to join us on this exciting journey. While our team is spread throughout Canada and Europe, our main office is in the beautiful parish of St. Ann, Jamaica. This is an exciting opportunity for anyone looking to join a young, dynamic team on a mission to make a huge difference in the world!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org