How to Enter Cannabis Flowers into the 1st annual Golden Tarp Award
The short version: All entries will be light dep flowers and will be submitted by August 21, 2014 to be tested through Pure Analytics. Any contaminated samples will be disqualified. The 4 strains in each category with the highest total cannabinoids will move on to the next round and be judged the day of the event, September 13, 2014. Entries will be judged by attendees who are granted a judgeship.
Now, for the nitty gritty:
- Only cannabis flowers grown using the light deprivation (tarp) method can be entered. Seed or clone starts are acceptable, and so are clones started under lights. Organic preferred.
- 215 Compliance: All entries must be grown and submitted by qualifying patients with a valid physician’s recommendation under full compliance with California State Law. Out of state submissions not accepted.
- Amount: Submit 2 ounces per entry. One person can submit as many entries as they like, as long as all entries comply with the rules.
- Categories: Each entry will be submitted into one of four categories (see below). It’s up to the person entering the strain to pick the category they think their strain is best suited to compete in. See below for more info on categories.
- Entry Fee: $100 to enter, which includes lab testing from Pure Analytics, 1 entry pass, 1 VIP pass, and 1 T-shirt.
- No Contaminants: Entries will be immediately disqualified if the Pure Analytics lab test shows the presence of pesticides, chemical growth regulators, fungal growth, and/or pathogens. Disqualified entries will not be available for judging at the event, and the remaining entry (minus the tested sample) can be picked up after September 16, 2014 at the drop-off site they were originally brought to. See the judging rules for more information.
- DEADLINE TO ENTER: August 21, 2014
- Drop off entries to one of three drop-off locations listed below. Entries will be placed in provided glass jars and drop-off location staff will number the entry.
What are the Cannabis Categories?
Cultivators can enter strains into one of four categories, whichever they think best suits their strain:
- Floral — examples: Blue Dream, Green Crack, Bubba’s Gift
- Fuel — examples: OG, Chem Dog
- Earth — examples: Bubba, Pure Kush, Hindu Kush
- Fruity — examples: Agent Orange, Mendo Purp
78 Bear Creek Canyon Road Garberville, California 95542 707-923-2175
Collective Conscious Apothecary
13325 South Highway 101 Hopland, CA 95449 707-744-1565
The Humboldt California Association
601 I St. Suite B Arcata, CA 95521 707-822-9330
Have questions? Call 707-923-2175 or email email@example.com.